Although health and safety regulations have improved in recent years, over a million people suffer from accidents at work every year. Injuries sustained at work can have a serious impact on your life. Often the impact of the accident is not just limited to pain and suffering and many workers suffer loss of earnings and, in extreme circumstances, loss of livelihood altogether.
At Clear Law, our expert team of personal injury solicitors can help you claim the compensation and arrange the rehabilitation that you deserve. We know that the financial instability following an accident at work can be a large burden on you and, in certain circumstances, we can ensure you receive an interim payment to assist you whilst your claim is being processed. Whether your injury is a burn, laceration, fracture or catastrophic injury, we have the expertise to help you.
Your Employer’s Obligations and Your Right to Compensation
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 led to the creation of a number of regulations for your employer to follow in relation to your health and safety whilst at work. If they have fallen short of their obligations and you are injured as a result, you have a right to claim compensation for your injuries and other financial losses.
The regulations ensure that your employer must:
- Properly risk assess the activities you are engaged in;
- Ensure you are properly trained;
- Provide you with suitable work equipment that is in a sufficient state of repair;
- Provide you with a safe system of work;
- Eliminate dangerous working practices;
- Ensure you do not come into contact with dangerous materials;
- Ensure a high standard of health and safety in general;
- Provide you with safe and sufficient protective equipment; and
- Take special measures to protect you whilst working on a construction site.
Additionally, your employer is liable for the negligent acts of your colleagues.
Here are some examples of work accidents for which you can make a compensation claim:
- Lifting Accidents at Work;
- Factory Accidents;
- Office Accidents;
- Building Site Accidents;
- Fork Lift Truck Accidents;
- Machinery Accidents;
- Repetitive Strain Injuries;
- Scaffolding Accidents.
Making a Compensation Claim after an Accident at Work
If you or a friend or family member has been involved in a workplace accident and suffered an injury, illness or disease as a result, contact us now for expert claim advice.
Clear Law has a wealth of experience in dealing with personal injury compensation claims for people injured at work. Call us today to discuss your claim with one of our experienced solicitors.
Back to Personal Injury Claims